Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Jiffy Reefing Set Up For HA18
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/10/2019 at 1:47:07 PM GMT
Jiffy Reefing Set Up For HA18

I just purchased a '74 Herreshoff HA18 and need to add a jiffy reefing system for the 1st and 2nd reefs. I am reluctant to buy hardware and start drilling holes without a plan that I know will work. Can anyone give me some advice to set up lines and hardware for the quickest and easiest way to reef single handed on a HA18? I've seen some set ups online but wondering if anyone has a system that they like. Some pictures or a diagram would be great.

Thanks,

Bruce

5/12/2019 at 1:47:45 PM GMT
Does require quite a few fittings and holes. I went from conventional two line system, with cleats on the boom, to a single line system that I like, similar to those in some recent bulletins . That may be your first major choice . A lot of personal preference involved .
You may get better feedback from the catboat association lounge on Facebook. A number of active members, and some working on an HA-18 group.
My goal with my Marshall 18, which I single-hand , is to not have to leave the cockpit/companionway once I drop the mooring.
Good luck.

Latest News
Calendar

9/8/2019 » 10/27/2019
Hog Island Beetle Cat Series, West Falmouth, MA - September-October 2018 Sundays

9/15/2019 » 9/21/2019
CCBA Mid-Western Shore River Long Cruise - Eastern Shore, MD