Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
General Discussion
Moderator(s):
|<
<
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
1970 Ted Hermann 17' Catboat Hull # location? 1 W. McAninch It may not have a HIN number, as these weren't required of manufacturers until the mid 1970's. My 1969 Marshall didn't have one originally, and a previous owner had to obtain one from the Environmental Police (if in Massachusetts). I had a similar issue with a small powerboat, and the Environmental Police were very helpful an cooperative. You will likely need to engrave the assigned HIN on the transom with a small electronic engraver, and provide a rubbing of it with the registration, title and transfer.Good luck.
by P. Knowlton
Friday, October 30, 2015
General Discussion via the new CBA Website 1 N. Titcomb I've found a good home for my 1970 Ted Hermann 17' Catboat "Catnip". But we're having trouble finding the hull # on the boat. Does any one know where this number is on the Ted Hermann 17' catboats? Thanks. Bill
by W. McAninch
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Sail on Marshall 22 and/or Menger 23 0 A. Casanova I'm a new Catboat Association member, and have been sailing a little 14' Com-Pac catboat on a lake for 8 years.   I'm considering possibly buying a large fiberglass catboat (maybe a Marshall 22 or a Menger 23) and am hoping that someone on the forum would let me go out on a sail with them.  I've been on both of them dockside, but never out on the water in either of them. I'm a moderately experienced sailor, having sailed on LI Sound, Raritan Bay on sloops of various sizes and having been an active crewmember on large sloop charters in the Caribbean, Abacos and Tahiti so would be more than just a passenger.  The largest cat I've ever sailed on is a 20' Com-Pac Horizon Cat, a derivative of the Herreshoff America. Oh and I live in northern NJ and would be willing to travel a reasonable driving distance to go out. Thanks in advance, Andre
by A. Casanova
Thursday, September 17, 2015
sandpipers on lake champlain 0 N. Ernsting just bought a marshall sandpiper hull 81 built in '77 and looking for anyone in area of charlotte vt on lake champlain who would like to rendezvous for some competitive sailing.
by N. Ernsting
Thursday, July 2, 2015
Marshall Sanderling versus Marshall 22 versus Menger 19 1 R. Schless In a M-18 (1969) for second year, after a Sabre 28 (30 years. Great day sailer, single hander. Good day sailing with four (they bring the wine). Couple of weekends alone - it is tent camping. Portapotti with little privacy , camp stove, portable cooler etc. Outboard easy to store and maintain, boat huals easily on single axle trailer.For working galley, semi-private head, reasonable bunks (mini-motor home campimg) look at M-22. May need commercial hualing,or permit due to width. Inboard engine and systems cost and maintenance . Don't know Menger19, but more like pop-up camping trailer.All should be fun sailers.Good luck, happy saling - camping????
by P. Knowlton
Friday, June 19, 2015
Herreshoff Eagle 4 Sale in SC, anybody looking? 0 D. McQuilken Listing here -  http://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/5058592758.html I have no additional information.  
by D. McQuilken
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Marshall 22 coling water 0 J. Sibley    Have a 1971 Marshall 22 with a fresh Palmer engine & original exhaust plumbing configuration.  Have been having problem with cooling water backing up in the exhaust line which runs aft to the muffler and causing number 4 cylinder to flood.  Engine has been pressure tested and confirmed good.  Can it be that we are idling the engine too slowly and causing a water back-up?  Any thoughts appreciated.  Jim
by J. Sibley
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
New Website 2 N. Titcomb The membership database stores member states fully spelled out instead of using state abbreviations. Suggest entering North Carolina instead of NC into the Community Search box.
by N. Titcomb
Friday, May 8, 2015
Any AC 24s in the Great Lakes area? 2 E. Alderink Thanks.
by E. Alderink
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Latest News
Calendar

5/6/2020 » 5/8/2020
The Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club Classic Boat Rally