Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
HA 18 Rebuild Questions
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/2/2020 at 1:30:39 AM GMT
HA 18 Rebuild Questions

Hi All,

New to the forum and elbows deep rebuilding an HA 18. Couple of questions to see if anyone knows:

1. I am missing the companionway sliding hatch, apart from building a new one, anyone know If a Sanderling hatch would fit? Any suggestions?

2. Outboard well.  While taking care of the delaminated cockpit considering glassing up the well. Any thoughts on this? Seems difficult to find an O/B to fit and not thrilled about fouling up an outboard in the water 24/7.  Looks like it would make a great battery compartment.

Thanks all for any thoughts.

John

8/2/2020 at 6:19:07 PM GMT
If you use Facebook, look into the catboat Association lounge , quite a few H18 owners respond to questions there, and some major rebuilds.
If you're condidering getting rid of the well, what will you use for power? Shound consider filling in the opening between skeg and rudder to prevent cross flow, and improve sailing. Motor in well seems to work with new 4 strokes, and nothing hanging off back to foul sheets.
Have a Marshall 18.

8/2/2020 at 7:44:22 PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I will be extending the keel and bottom as well to almost match the profile of your 18. Even with the sheet issues I prefer the bracket on the transom. I have a Merc 3.3 long shaft that should work quite nicely...

Latest News
Calendar

8/15/2020
Bass River Rendezvous - 2020 (CANCELLED)