Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Mast Hoop Rigging
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/1/2019 at 10:28:03 PM GMT
Mast Hoop Rigging

I received my boat with the sail removed.  The mast hoops look different than the ones I have seen as well.   As a result, I am not quite sure how things are supposed to go together.  I believe that I may be missing some shackles or lines.  It was my hope that some of you with the same type of boat could post a few photos of yours so that I can compare to mine. 

My boat is a 1985 Marshall Sanderling.

Please post your mast hoop photos if you have them.  Thanks in advance!

7/1/2019 at 11:15:49 PM GMT
I will post some photos of my Sanderling the next time I'm on the boat but basically each hoop is attached to the U-shaped end of a small shackle with a seizing of sail twine. The clevis pin of the shackle is then attached to the appropriate grommet on the luff of the sail. Hope this helps.

7/2/2019 at 6:19:14 PM GMT
Your description already helps quite a bit. Photos would still be appreciated if you have them. Thanks!

7/2/2019 at 11:20:42 PM GMT
Mast Hoops

Attached is photo oof friends hoop. Older boats used a bronze bow shackle , newer ones use stainless steel. I used tarred synthetic  cod line for my lashing, other us heavy waxed serving thread.

About 8 turns through shackle  and hoop, then about 4 turns at 90 degrees to those between shackle and hoop, finish with square knot or surgions  knot.

Attached Images:

Latest News
Calendar

9/8/2019 » 10/27/2019
Hog Island Beetle Cat Series, West Falmouth, MA - September-October 2018 Sundays

9/15/2019 » 9/21/2019
CCBA Mid-Western Shore River Long Cruise - Eastern Shore, MD