Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Catboat donation for youth adventure program
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

3/30/2019 at 6:10:18 PM GMT
Catboat donation for youth adventure program

My sailing club (Saratoga Lake Sailing Club www.sailsaratoga.org ) is in search of a free or very close to free catboat for use in our youth sailing programs.   Our "Adventure Sailing"  program is designed to expose kids to all the types of sailing that does not involve Optis/420s/FJs and nothing but racing racing drills.   We try to give them access all summer to play with keelboats, multihulls, day sailors and whatever we can get our hands on so they can just go out and learn and enjoy sailing for the pure fun of it. 

They do sail my own Beetle Swan, but it is too small for a bunch of them to pile in and go out for a while which is what they really enjoy.  We had access for 1 season to a Handy Cat which they loved, but that was a loaner and went away. 

We would love something in the 18-22' range which would let them go out as a big group.    Ideally we would also like to give them experience with a gaff rig which is non-existent at our club.  

We do have a Foundation which is a 501c3 (Saratoga Lake Sailing Foundation) and thus can give a donation letter for tax purposes.    We are an all volunteer club so any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

ADMIN: If this type of post/request is not allowed in the forums, my apologies and please remove or let me know and I will remove.

Mark Welcome

Director, Sailing School

slsc_sailingpgm@sailsaratoga.org 

Latest News
Calendar

9/8/2019 » 10/27/2019
Hog Island Beetle Cat Series, West Falmouth, MA - September-October 2018 Sundays

9/15/2019 » 9/21/2019
CCBA Mid-Western Shore River Long Cruise - Eastern Shore, MD