Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Battery charger upgrade
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/11/2018 at 10:19:01 PM GMT
Battery charger upgrade

I upgraded my battery charger in my Marshall 22.  But of course this could be any boat. The first photo shows the old battery charger and having labeled some of the cables with masking tape (not great but better than I started with).

IMG_1501.jpg

I found where the charger tied into the current fuse box and AC system.

IMG_1502.jpgIMG_1503.jpg

Wired in the new charger which had a three prong plug meant for an outlet.  In the next image you can see the white, black and green wire from the cord where I have removed the three prong plug and crimped on ring connectors.

IMG_1505.jpgIMG_1506.jpg

And finally the battery charged install in the compartment above the batteries (sorry for the 90 degree rotation, I tried a bunch of editing on the site here and could not rotate it).

New charger is working great and happy with all the modes it has.  Not a bad project overall.  And nice for me to get familiar with Otter's wiring panel.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Images:

Latest News
Calendar

9/8/2019 » 10/27/2019
Hog Island Beetle Cat Series, West Falmouth, MA - September-October 2018 Sundays

10/19/2019 » 10/20/2019
Wye Wild Goose Chase Weekend - Eastern Shore, MD