Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Mooring Sea Anchor?
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/12/2018 at 1:28:06 PM GMT
Mooring Sea Anchor?

My mooring is relatively unprotected and my Sanderling's mast toopk quite a beating last year.   In one blow the chocks and partners came loose and the mast was banging loose when the storm abated.  Marshall inspected and the mast is showing some wear at the point where it goes through the deck.

Does anyone have a good solution to stop the rocking?  Would a sea anchor help?  Five gallon bucket thrown overboard (an if so, off the side, or the stern?)  Any suggestions?

Beau Schless
Bschless@rascox.com

5/17/2018 at 2:57:28 PM GMT
Beau: I've tried the bucket on couple of boats (keel and cat) without much success . Also played with cenerboard, but not to happy, with board down it bangs in case a lot, which for the long term may not be good.
Be sure the mast wedges at the deck and step are kept tight, have to bang mine down occasionally.
Small cat is really light on a large mooring, and can jerk hard in waves. May want to look at one of the rubber type snubbers for the pennent .

3/2/2019 at 3:24:40 PM GMT
Hi Beau Best Bet.Get the harbormaster to move you to a more protected location AND dont forget to bash the wedges periodically..Does ur boat gave a forestay?? Is it equipped with a wire : "hold down" (not certain of the correct nautical term) below decks at the mast step?.
No real solution but maybe a rubber snubber will reduce the motion a bit but I wouldnt bet on it! MAMIE😎

Latest News
Calendar