Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Cushion Recommendations?
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

11/2/2017 at 9:41:21 PM GMT
Cushion Recommendations?
The cabin cushions on my Sanderling are coming apart at the seams, and the cockpit cushions are homemade out of vinyl.   I've repaired the zippers, but am ready to ask Santa for new sets for Xmas.  Any suggestions on a good cushion source?

Beau Schless
Bschless@rascox.com

11/3/2017 at 2:50:12 PM GMT
Look for a local canvas shop. Best choice as they will duplicate the current set and thus assuring fit.

I'd provide you the contact for my canvas guy ... but he is in Colorado and my guess isn't local to you ;-)

Last edited Friday, November 3, 2017
11/3/2017 at 7:38:12 PM GMT
Beau: 1st, check with Marshall to see who makes their's , as the materials and pattern should be available, and may actually save some cost. My 1969 version came with single piece cockpit cushions which cover the entire seat, out to the hull, and are too unwildy to stow. I'd suggest two part cushions on each side, and maybe only out to the coaming line. A couple cleats would keep them in place. My current cushions are a pair of Bob's sporting goods foam stadium seat pads.
2nd, and a plug for a friend's daughter, is to contact Abbie at Walescanvas@gmail.com (978-778-8455). Her shop is in North Beverly, and she does excellent work, and carriers a fairly heavy backlog in the area. Need to order early for next season.
See you in Salem Sound.

11/10/2017 at 2:12:18 AM GMT
For any Marshall cat, I'd go back to Marshall. When I was looking for a sail cover for Cranberry, my sailmaker (Squteague) told me to go to Marshall for one. The cushions will be in stock, but if not you'll probably have them faster and they'll fit better.

Latest News
Calendar

9/8/2019 » 10/27/2019
Hog Island Beetle Cat Series, West Falmouth, MA - September-October 2018 Sundays

10/19/2019 » 10/20/2019
Wye Wild Goose Chase Weekend - Eastern Shore, MD