Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
outboard for well of HA18
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/12/2017 at 5:24:43 PM GMT
outboard for well of HA18

I have an HA 18 that I have been repairing. It has a 6hp Suzuki two cycle motor in the well which I think is the same vintage as the boat and am considering replacing it before I put the boat in the water, as I am concerned it will be too old to be reliable - not to mention noisy and smelly!

I would love to know what motors others have found successful in the well of an HA18 - I know some have found the ventilation inadequate.  Mine has two 5in holes with cowls  over them in the back deck so I presume this has been an issue at some time.

I would love to go electric but it seems like  very expensive option at present to get the equivalent of 5-6hp gas.  I will be moored some distance from open water, and on a tidal creek - so I am concerned about power and usage time with smaller electric setups.

I see that this year Tohatsu are producing a 5HP propane motor which might be a good option, with low noise and odor - any thoughts out there?

Otherwise, I am interested in any experience with different gas engines

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, and grateful for any input.

Ian Robinson

10/8/2017 at 7:47:59 PM GMT
I am looking for an engine for my HA18 and was interested in whether you purchased the Tohatsu propane engine and how it worked out, I'm considering one.

11/27/2017 at 6:28:25 AM GMT
I have a Yamaha 4 hp,which fits and performs well. Very dependable.

4/25/2018 at 12:19:59 AM GMT
I did get the propane Tohatsu but unfortunately was not able to use it last season - will find out this season how it performs...

Latest News
Calendar