Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Herreshoff America Centerboard Issue
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/8/2017 at 12:36:34 AM GMT
Herreshoff America Centerboard Issue

Hello:

My Herreshoff America Centerboard does not raise completely when I pull all the line off the pendant drum?  There is still about 12 inches protruding from the bottom of the boat.  This just occurred this summer, I have owned the boat for 10 years with no issues.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue?  Does anyone have schematics of how the pendant drum and wire roller work?  Has anyone ever gotten access to these parts while the boat was in the water?  Out of the water? and how do you do that.

Any help would be appreciated.  I can be reached at 916-616-6073.

Thanks

8/8/2017 at 6:42:00 PM GMT
This happened to me but it was because the line "cross threaded" once. It came off the drum and wasn't pulling the centerboard all the way up. Once it did that the line was in a position where it wouldn't completely raise the board. For me all I had to do was re-thread that line so that it would completely raise the board. I didn't figure this out until I had it on the trailer, by the way. I hope yours is as simple a fix. I'm sorry but I don't remember the exact steps I used.

Marc Perry
Mount Hope Bay
Fall River, MA

Last edited Wednesday, August 9, 2017
12/9/2017 at 9:13:41 PM GMT
Just pull the line till it is all off the drum, hold the drum and put another loop or two of line back on the drum and pull it up the rest of the way.

Latest News
Calendar

9/8/2019 » 10/27/2019
Hog Island Beetle Cat Series, West Falmouth, MA - September-October 2018 Sundays

10/19/2019 » 10/20/2019
Wye Wild Goose Chase Weekend - Eastern Shore, MD