Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Minuteman Catboat
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

5/30/2017 at 3:33:44 AM GMT
Minuteman Catboat

I recently bought my first Catboat.  A Minuteman 15 built by Squadron Marine in 1982. Sailed it 3 times so far and love it.

I was hoping to get some advice from this forum.  I am plan to be an active member and hopefully will help out others in the future.

I want to replace the main sheet block with a block which includes a cam cleat (to help with single-hand sailing). The bock seems to be attached by machine screws so I am planning to add an access port to access the nut. I would also like to be able to bail the bilge which is not otherwise accessible except via a drain which is too high for easy draining.

Does anyone know where I should add the access port?  Is immediately to aft of the block OK or should I add it to port or starboard of the block?

I am concerned that there may be wood supports under the deck which I have no way of locating because Squadron Marine has been out of business for quite some time and no plans are available.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there likely to be wood supports in a boat like this? Photo below if my situation is not clear.

Thanks! Kurt