Join/Register   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In
Community Search
Mobjack Bay, Va to Nyack, NY
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/21/2017 at 7:00:09 PM GMT
Mobjack Bay, Va to Nyack, NY
I'm a new member of the Catboat Association.  I bought an Atlantic City catboat currently stored at Zimmerman's Marine in Cardinal, Va.  I plan to sail her north to her new home at the Nyack Boat Club.in late May and am wondering how I could best find an experienced sailor to join me for the journey.  I plan on sticking to the inland waterways as much as possible. 

12/18/2017 at 1:37:34 AM GMT
I just saw this post and while this is my second year as a member of the CBA, I'm interested in the Nyack Boat Club and how a Sanderling or a M22 would do there! Any thoughts would be a appreciated. Could you store it there in the winter are and how's the water with the tides? I'm also interested in the club itself. My wife and I will be at the CBA winter meeting this Jan. still getting my feet wet and learning the ropes

1/1/2018 at 4:03:57 PM GMT
Have made the trip from Solomons MD to Maine. See the CCBA Site (chesapeakecatboats.org under "cat-tails" - http://www.chesapeakecatboats.org/cat-tails.html
You'll find yourself not using much of an ICW since the one in NJ has at least one bridge you'll not be able to get under.
My guess is you'll need to go up the bay - through the C&D Canal - down Delaware bay to the tip of NJ (Caper May) then offshore, pulling in as needed and up to NYC - then to Nyack.

Hope you can get someone - just not convenient for me...

Latest News
Calendar

8/28/2020 » 8/29/2020
Spray Beach Yacht Club 1st Annual Rendezvous